- Continue to develop my love for the Web and software design through exciting projects and new technologies.
- Contribute to best-practice design for the healthy, sustainable growth of the Web.
- Further improve my software development and project management skills.
- Work with an equally enthusiastic team to inspire and drive me toward all of the above.
17 years of experience with Web programming and design technologies and best practices.
Build and dependency management using Grunt, NPM, and Webpack.
Semantic and structured information design using (X)HTML, XML, XSD, XPath, and XSLT.
Back-end programming and database design using PHP, MySQL, Node.js.
17 years of experience with software design and development and10 years of experience in a software development work environment.
The Microsoft Visual Studio IDE including .NET framework 2/3/4, Windows Forms, WPF, and Windows Phone development.
Design patterns and principles including Test-Driven Development, Inversion of Control/Dependency Injection, Open/Closed Principle, and Separation of Concerns.
Software version control systems including Git, Mercurial, and Perforce.
16 years years of experience with various operating systems and server and network technologies.
Linux Web server design using Apache, Nginx, PHP/MySQL services, BIND, ISC DHCP.
Windows, Mac OS, Ubuntu, iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and Cygwin environments.
Virtualization environments using VMware, Linux KVM, and HyperV.
Network hardware and software on Cisco routers and switches.
Routing protocols and other network standards and their implementation in Cisco IOS and Linux including RIP, IGRP/EIGRP, OSPF, STP, VTP, VLANs, NAT, DHCP, ACLs, link aggregation.
- Worked closely with Product, UX, and Design to clearly define feature and project scope.
- Responsible for tracking and ensuring completeness and correctness of a major component of the application.
- Developed automated tests using Selenium, Capybara, and Spinach in a full-stack environment.
Junior Windows software developer
- Developed desktop client user interfaces and the underlying service to support them using the .NET Framework and WPF.
- Redesigned and maintained build systems using Jenkins and MSBuild.
- Implemented and maintained branching strategies and dependency management for the project repositories.
- Developed and coordinated cross-platform automated testing tools for a full-stack environment.
Software development technical aide
- Assisted developers with primary development projects.
- Created testing and automation tools for developers.
Fabrication Lab technical assistant
- Set up and maintained control computers for fabrication equipment.
Technical support and Web development
Volunteer technical support
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering
- Linguistics Minor
- University Honors Program
GPA: 3.544 (100 credits)
- Study Abroad
- Japan (Summer 2010) – Intensive Japanese Language Program
- South Korea (Spring 2011) – CIEE South Korea Scholarship Recipient
- China (Summer 2011) – Digital Technology Seminar
- President of the Fencing Club (2012–2013)
- CSE International Ambassador (2010–2011)
- Associate in Applied Science – Information and Telecommunications Technology (Spring 2008)
- Associate in Science – Engineering (Spring 2009)
- Associate in Science – Computer Science (Fall 2009)
- Associate in Arts (Spring 2010)
Overall GPA: 3.88 (152 credits), Technical GPA: 3.86, High Distinction